Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Prologue

Well, I did finally unpack, albeit just over a week after I got back. I think a part of me is still in India and it's that part of me that keeps pulling me back to this amazing country.

Both Niki and I needed to have a week or so just chilling out and getting back into the different rythms of our daily lives, her in London and me here in Port Macquarie, before we shook of the last remaining covering of dust and got down to the business of putting the cookbook together.

But, be warned, it is not your normal cookbook. Firstly, it's totally vegetarian and secondly its about the journey as well as the food. And if you have ever travelled in India you know that travelling and food go hand in hand (or is that hand in mouth ?)

The layout is not like most other cookbooks where you will look up the index to find the recipe you want. We decided to take you with us as we travelled all the way from Mumbai, down the west coast and then over to the east coast, finally ending in Calcutta, discovering the different region's specialties as well as the amazing people who grow, transport, cook and eat it.

No comments: